United States Zoos
United States Zoos Facts and History
United States Zoos and all over the world are places where animals are kept in cages or confined with fences. “The word “zoo” was first used to describe the London Zoological Gardens in 1847. Up until that time, zoos were usually called menageries. They were often set up for the scientific study of animals, it was only natural that the word “zoo” would eventually come to refer to these places dedicated to zoology, which is the study of animals.” If you measure the zoos by the number of different species, San Diego is the largest. It is one of the most famous in the world. They have over 4,500 animals from over 900 different species.
1. Toledo Zoo in Ohio
2. St. Louis Zoo in Missouri
3. Cincinnati Zoo in Ohio
4. Memphis Zoo in Tennessee
5. Columbus Zoo in Ohio
6. Henry Doorley Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska
7. Houston Zoo in Texas
8. Brookfield Zoo in Chicago Illinois
9. Dallas Zoo in Texas
10. San Diego Zoo in California
United States Zoos in Alphabetical Order
New Hampshire http://www.officialusa.com/stateguides/zoos/newhampshire.html
Our Kid’s Educational Animal Children Songs are fun and upbeat with contemporary music.
Latest Zoo News
- 15 Jul 2018Philadelphia Zoo U.S. First ZooPhiladelphia Zoo – About the Zoo The Philade...
- 12 Jun 2018Myrtle Beach AttractionsMyrtle Beach Attractions For The Whole Family...
- 12 May 2018Marine Life Myrtle BeachMarine Life Found On The Grand Strand Marine Life...
- 01 Apr 2018Kids TriviaKids Trivia and Facts About Animals Kids Trivia: D...
- 19 Mar 2018Best Zoos For Kids and FamilyBest Zoos for Kids and Families Best Zoos For Kids...